LondonSkaters Speed Team - Speed Skating & Rollerblading Club in London

LondonSkaters Speed Team
Sponsor - One Body Clinic
   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Inclusive" road ride - Sunday 27th May - 0930 sta
Goto page 1, "Inclusive" road ride - Sunday 27th May - 0930 sta - 2, "Inclusive" road ride - Sunday 27th May - 0930 sta - 3  "Inclusive" road ride - Sunday 27th May - 0930 sta - Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Bicycles
Previous topic :: Next topic  
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:16 pm    Subject: "Inclusive" road ride - Sunday 27th May - 0930 sta Reply with quote

Of any interest to anyone?

Thinking of doing Matthew B's North London loop:

http://connect.garmin.com/course/1274119

If there are speedies wanting to come along, then we could look to have two groups, of which I'm happy to stick with the less speedy ones and pace along accordingly.

Anyone interested?  It's either that, or perhaps the Crystal Palace loop again, depending on who's in.

[EDIT - 24/05]  North London loop confirmed - meeting point will be Maida Vale Starbucks.  Time TBC, but probably looking at at a 0930 departure.

http://starbucks.co.uk/store/2729/

[EDIT - 26/05]  Time confirmed as 0930

Last edited by ed! on Sat May 26, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pamela

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:22 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

sorry, have other plans for that day.  Pity, cos I like the north London loop
diego

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:51 am    Subject: Reply with quote

North London loop sounds interesting to me...

Or (if people are happy) we could think about my new neck of the woods, westwards of Ruislip, maybe pointing towards Windsor or Oxford?

Either way, I hope Silvana will join too and we'll definitely stick to the slowest pace allowed (or we'll die trying) Razz
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a route? Howard's got a Windsor route, but not sure if it goes near yours. Coils be easy to make a diversion, I guess.
Howard

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:35 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Good chunk of my Windsor route is off-road, so leave those Zipp Tubs at home Wink
Howard

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:36 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Lan-Lan's been talking about going to Box Hill - how about that?
Christophe

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:34 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Not around unfortunately.  Sad
How about something during the long w/e?
diego

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:11 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

I'm still hoping to convince Silvana to come along, in which case anything too steep would probably put her off...

North London, easy pace, nice lunch stop sounds good to me, Box Hill or Crystal Palace are probably going to be too much...

I don't have a West route, yet.
Hopefully I'll have one as soon as I manage to drag my arse out of hibernation and start riding my bike again!  Confused
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:37 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Howard wrote:
Good chunk of my Windsor route is off-road, so leave those Zipp Tubs at home Wink

Is it more off road than the Rapha ride?  I so want to do that again.

Perhaps we can do Box Hill on the Jubilee weekend?  Get away from the London hustle and bustle?
Mikey-two-Names
LSST Coach

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:30 am    Subject: Reply with quote

diego wrote:
I'm still hoping to convince Silvana to come along, in which case anything too steep would probably put her off...

North London, easy pace, nice lunch stop sounds good to me, Box Hill or Crystal Palace are probably going to be too much...

I don't have a West route, yet.
Hopefully I'll have one as soon as I manage to drag my arse out of hibernation and start riding my bike again!  Confused

Has she got a triple, or at least a compact? There's no shame in walking hills. I usually don't let myself, but once in a while I'm extra tired and I'm quite happy to walk then.
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:18 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Mikey-two-Names wrote:
Has she got a triple, or at least a compact? There's no shame in walking hills. I usually don't let myself, but once in a while I'm extra tired and I'm quite happy to walk then.

Diego has her riding fixed on a 53t x 11t Razz  Only kidding, she is on a compact.

And completely agree.  I've walked up some hills in my time.  The one I recall the most was somewhere in Cobham when cycling with Tanya some time ago.  Thankfully she went on ahead, so I could get off, walk a bit, then jump back on when she's just about in sight waiting for me. Smile

Later on, I got a puncture, which meant we had to call it a day...never had I been so pleased!

Not that Silvana should have any ideas about the latter!
Howard

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:19 am    Subject: Reply with quote

ed! wrote:
Howard wrote:

Is it more off road than the Rapha ride?  I so want to do that again.

Perhaps we can do Box Hill on the Jubilee weekend?  Get away from the London hustle and bustle?

Yeah I want to do the HOTN again.

A good chunk of the Windsor ride is on the thames tow paths. You can do it on skinnys, it's not as challenging as HOTN. But would you really want to?

It's a nice route, good for a very chilled ride. Flat as a pancake, too.
Kai

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:43 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Selena and I are up for this.
Rick

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:30 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Planning on being a bit groggy post Eurovision.
diego

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:57 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

ed! wrote:
Mikey-two-Names wrote:

Diego has her riding fixed on a 53t x 11t Razz  Only kidding, she is on a compact.

And completely agree.  I've walked up some hills in my time.  The one I recall the most was somewhere in Cobham when cycling with Tanya some time ago.  Thankfully she went on ahead, so I could get off, walk a bit, then jump back on when she's just about in sight waiting for me. Smile

Later on, I got a puncture, which meant we had to call it a day...never had I been so pleased!

Not that Silvana should have any ideas about the latter!

Have you ever seen Chiappucci or Cipollini walking?
She's riding a Pinarello, not allowed to dismount before the finish line!  Twisted Evil

Jokes apart, obviously the goal is to enjoy the ride and if walking is involved, we'll just call it a duathlon Smile

And now that Ed mentioned the unmentionable, I must make sure I have plenty of spares with me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Bicycles All times are GMT
Goto page 1, "Inclusive" road ride - Sunday 27th May - 0930 sta - 2, "Inclusive" road ride - Sunday 27th May - 0930 sta - 3  "Inclusive" road ride - Sunday 27th May - 0930 sta - Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: