LondonSkaters Speed Team - Speed Skating & Rollerblading Club in London

LondonSkaters Speed Team
Sponsor - One Body Clinic
   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bike Ride Sunday 18 April

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Bicycles
Previous topic :: Next topic  
roger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 pm    Subject: Bike Ride Sunday 18 April Reply with quote

I am leading a ride on Sunday for the Central London CTC from Trafalgar Square out to the Surrey hills.

We are meeting by St Martin-in-the-Fields (Trafalgar Square) at 08.45 for 09.00 away.

Plan is to do about 120km over the course of the day, at a briskish pace, with a couple of stops along the way, and catch a train back into town late afternoon.
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:18 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Club Race weekend, so will be busy with that Sad

Out of curiousity, what's a "briskish pace", and what sort of numbers do you get?

Oh, and in case you hadn't got the memo, summer is here...so will you and Kay be coming Regents Park again? Smile
roger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:07 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know its the Club Race weekend, but this ride was planned a long way back, and I thought it might be of interest to a few people round here.

I expect to get between  6 and 12 people this Sunday, but its a bit of a lottery, depending on weather and what else is on that day - could be from 2 to 20.  

'Briskish' means we are not hanging around - my target average is 16mph, but its rather dependent on who turns up, and the general mood.  My 'briskish' might be your 'slow' though Smile

Myself and Kay will no doubt be out and about in Regents Park from now on - probably Wednesday or Thursday evenings.
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:41 am    Subject: Reply with quote

roger wrote:
'Briskish' means we are not hanging around - my target average is 16mph, but its rather dependent on who turns up, and the general mood.  My 'briskish' might be your 'slow' though Smile

Not at all!  Over that sort of distance, I'd be happy if I could get that!

roger wrote:
Myself and Kay will no doubt be out and about in Regents Park from now on - probably Wednesday or Thursday evenings.

Hmmm...Wednesday is LondonSkate day, but could maybe squeeze in a few laps beforehand Smile
I could even move Monday sessions to Thursdays too Smile

Enjoy your Sunday ride!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Bicycles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: