LondonSkaters Speed Team - Speed Skating & Rollerblading Club in London

LondonSkaters Speed Team
Sponsor - One Body Clinic
   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Box Hill Ride - Sunday 16th September

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Bicycles
Previous topic :: Next topic  
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:19 pm    Subject: Box Hill Ride - Sunday 16th September Reply with quote

Apologies for the clash with Tatem.

Matty, David and I are going for a 100km(ish) ride to Box Hill next Sunday - if anyone is interested in coming along, you're more than welcome to.

It is a bit of a hilly one, with gpx available from here:

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=2606

It's not going to be an uber fast ride, but it won't be slow either - the last time we did a similar route, we had a moving average of around 21.5 km per hour.  Those with Garmins can form mini peletons either ahead or behind, provided we regroup every so often.  I'm happy to ride at the back, except for when we're at the bottom of Box Hill where we'll regroup at the top.

There will be a few stops along the way, including a pub lunch if we can find somewhere suitable.  However, please bring water bottles and some snacks to have on the way, as well as the relevant kit (spare tubes, pump, tool etc).

Here's the kicker...the start point will be from Farncombe station in Surrey, simply because it will be a nicer ride without having to negotiate leaving London.
David and I will either be getting a morning train from Victoria (changing at Clapham Junction), or direct from Waterloo - aiming to get to Farncombe for around a 9.00/9.30am start.
Christophe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:54 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Not I'm running a competing ride or anything but.... there's a few rides going out towards Guildford to catch the last stage of the Tour of Britain and poke fun at all those stick-on sideburn'eds.
Wish I could join you though. Maybe another Sunday. Smile
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:43 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Christophe - completely forgot to respond to this.

Shame you can't make it, but sounds like you'll have good fun!  Enjoy the last stage Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Bicycles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: