LondonSkaters Speed Team - Speed Skating & Rollerblading Club in London

LondonSkaters Speed Team
Sponsor - One Body Clinic
   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cuncu Skate moulding - 15-17 April
Goto page Cuncu Skate moulding - 15-17 April - Previous  Cuncu Skate moulding - 15-17 April - 1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Commercial
Previous topic :: Next topic  
malspeedster
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:26 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

More update fron Elio:

I could offer Nov 5/6 or Nov 12/13 or Nov 19/20.
I thought about arriving Saturday morning, trying all the carbon and doing one (official) training session in the afternoon, a second one on Sunday morning before flying back on Sunday afternoon. We can talk about the costs later, if youd wish to have some training lessons. Otherwise I would just come over for trying the carbon. In that case it would be great if you could share the costs for the flight since Ill have to skip working and training appointments in Berlin for that occasion.

Let me know what your thought is?
Lenka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:59 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally only available on the 12th of Nov  as plan my schedule months in advance.
Had I known it would take so long, I would have initially decided otherwise..
Fred_Paris
LSST Chairman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:09 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Hey Will, could you check with Cuncu, what the expected timeline will be, this is adding a full month to the process as he wants to come back can he not make the skates straight away if he has the carbons, and come with skates made and perform adjustment then?
Glenn
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:01 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Fred,

I understand where you are coming from but to be honest if this helps gets the boots right I would like to take him up in his offer.

You only have to get the boots slightly wrong with customs and they forever give you problems.

I would say at least half of us weren't completely happy with the Luigino's and Cucu is even more precise - which is on the one hand good; but on the other hand means there is a greater probability that they won't quite be right.

Luigino did not get my boots right and the errors he had were not something that could be fixed post completing the boot.

If others don't want to take him up on his offer, then I will probably go to Berlin myself just to make sure that they fit.

G
malspeedster
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:28 am    Subject: Reply with quote

further update from Elio:

I am happy to confirm the fitting Sat, Nov 19. I would take a flight on Sat, Nov 19 at 9:55 am and would suggest to meet at 12:30 at some place you'd choose (with electricity/a plug). I would just need the address and get there myself taking a taxi. We'd have the whole afternoon for the fitting. I'd then leave on Sun, Nov 20 at 12:30.

A such I will discuss with the club and decide where it will be ideal for the fittings.
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:51 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Probably worth giving him a list of people that are definitely / will aim to get to a fitting, and those that are not.

Hopefully he can get started on the boots that are not getting checked in London.
malspeedster
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:24 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

ed! wrote:
Probably worth giving him a list of people that are definitely / will aim to get to a fitting, and those that are not.

Hopefully he can get started on the boots that are not getting checked in London.

Only 1 person definitely not able to attend ie Lenka.
The rest is ok. Just need to try and sort out with Barbara on the timing.
I can let Elio know.
malspeedster
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:12 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Latest update 30/10:

Quote:
I booked the flights to arrive at 08:10 on Sat morning. That way all members should be able to do the fitting. I could be at the place of your choice at about 09:30 a.m. I assume. Flying home on Sun would remain at 12:30. The travel costs would be 90,- for the flight + cap one way. Hope that works.

The fitting usually takes 5 to 30 minutes a person depending on the adjustments that need to be done. I will certainly be able to finish the boots without the fitting as well. No need to worry about that.

I will start finishing up the boots right after the fitting and shall be able to start sending them over by the End of November, in charges of 2 pairs a package. I will do my very best to get them all done this year.

This will coincide with the training session, so we can have the fittings done at BSC. Will confirm on the location.
Florian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:13 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, 10 years later but happy to join the fitting session if it has been confirmed. I'm actually waiting for the new boots to come back playing with you guys. Mine got so loose around the ankle that I prefer not to skate with them to avoid further injuries. See you very soon! Flo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Commercial All times are GMT
Goto page Cuncu Skate moulding - 15-17 April - Previous  Cuncu Skate moulding - 15-17 April - 1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: