LondonSkaters Speed Team - Speed Skating & Rollerblading Club in London

LondonSkaters Speed Team
Sponsor - One Body Clinic
   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rhine on Skates 2014 30th August

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rick

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:41 pm    Subject: Rhine on Skates 2014 30th August Reply with quote

Anyone else feel like going. Now there is no Diepenbeek this is the following week. It's a nice cruise in 8 stages. More like a training exercise than anything else as it is not a race and in the first half follows a chunk of the Mittelrhein marathon route so if you liked that and want to do it with your head up then now's you chance.

http://www.rhine-on-skates.de/english

You can register online and pay with PayPal which is rather enlightened for a German skate event website Wink

Getting the you can fly to Cologne on sleasyjet and train it most of the way to Koblenz then change for the train to Rüdesheim am Rhein, or fly to Hahn on brianair and get to Koblenz or Frankfurt on the bus then train to Rüdesheim am Rhein.

Also possible to train down but you will need the whole of Friday off. Or drive - ditto.

I am doing a little pre -tour as I booked the week off. Probably going to Zurich for the Monday night skate, then Frankfurt for the TNS then Rotterdam for Wednesday roll then a 2 day cruise on the back roads to Rüdesheim am Rhein where I am staying in the Hotel Hoehn again. Not booked my travel yet though so open to change details if anyone want some of that or there is a group driving.

www.hotel-hoehn.de

You can camp if you like there is a campsite near the start/finish. No booking available and if you stay there I recommend getting your tent near the showers and having your wash kit and spare clothes ready inside the entrance to your tent as the queue forms very quickly. Not doing that again, hence the hotel with my en suite shower Wink
Curlie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:53 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Fred and I are registered Very Happy
Rick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:02 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Yay Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: