LondonSkaters Speed Team - Speed Skating & Rollerblading Club in London

LondonSkaters Speed Team
Sponsor - One Body Clinic
   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ultra Skate Challenge 2015 - 15.08.-29.08.2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Markus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:30 am    Subject: Ultra Skate Challenge 2015 - 15.08.-29.08.2015 Reply with quote

If anyone feels like getting some miles into their legs, and has spare holidays - these guys are epic (I know some of the people who have done previous events):

===========================================
Hello folks.
I would invite you to join the Ultra Skate Challenge 2015. The Ultra Skate Challenge is a long distance inline skating tour for very strong skaters from all over Europe. We will skate in 13 days from Lyon (France) to Amsterdam (Netherlands). That is a total distance of 1800 kilometers. As a consequence we have to skate about 140 kilometers a day. On our trip we will come through Germany and Belgium. We will follow several rivers (Rhône, Saône, Doubs, Rhine, Saar, Maas) in very exciting landscapes. In Germany we will reach the highest point of the USC2015 in the Eifel moutains (about 600 m altitude). On the last three days we will skate around the Ijsselmeer and move over to the island Texel for half a day.
Date: 15.08.-29.08.2015
If someone is interested, he is very much invited to contact us. We definitely would appreciate to have some people from Great Britain with us. Detailled information written in German you will find here:
http://www.ultraskatechallenge.de/2015/

Good luck to you all!

Stay on wheels

Michael Seitz
Speedteam Freiburg
Germany
Micha@Speedteam-Freiburg.de
Van

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:43 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sounds absolutely crazy...
*checks diary*
Rick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 am    Subject: Reply with quote

4 or 5 years ago, I would have been up for it.

Can't think the route is going to be particularly flat...until the last leg or two. If it's going to be a regular feature or something similar then I can get in training for a couple of years time but no chance to be remotely fit enough this year. Sounds great though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: