LondonSkaters Speed Team - Speed Skating & Rollerblading Club in London

LondonSkaters Speed Team
Sponsor - One Body Clinic
   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WANTED: 4 wheels in 100 105 or 110mm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Commercial
Previous topic :: Next topic  
jazzjulien

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:16 pm    Subject: WANTED: 4 wheels in 100 105 or 110mm Reply with quote

hi everyone, I'm a longboard skater and for the 24hr ultraskate at aintree this summer, I'd like to try running large inline skate wheels.

I'm looking for 4 used outdoor wheels 100+mm
prefered are F1 matter G13, mpc road war turbo or bont black ops or any very good rolling speed skate wheel.

thanks a lot
julien
chrish0rn
LSST Treasurer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:19 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Hey Buddy, longboard skater eh ?

You know Markus ? He works at Newtons Shred.

I might have a few 100s spare, but they are nowhere near the quality of G13s etc.
jazzjulien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:54 am    Subject: Reply with quote

thx chris but i really need something with as much roll as i can get. i want to ride 200+ miles in the ultraskate and bad roll would "hurt"
Gibran
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:41 am    Subject: Reply with quote

No offence dude, but you're asking for G13s? LOL. No one's going to give up wheels of that quality! If you made a suitable offer though....

Best order yourself a set - Blueroom do a LSST discount. We also get discounts if we order from Custom Sport but I'm not sure how you go about getting that.
Torbaydos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:50 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using normal inline skate wheels on a longboard to check whether they increase the longboard's roll?  Inline wheels are, broadly, designed to have the weight directly above them.

Also, I've heard the aintree course is going to be rough - do you know whether inline wheels will be more or less comfortable on this surface?

I remember that some bright spark had the idea of quadlines (inline wheels on quads) a few years ago, it really was the worst of both world
chrish0rn
LSST Treasurer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:15 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Ono gets around pretty well on his quadliners Wink
ed!
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Gibran wrote:
Best order yourself a set - Blueroom do a LSST discount. We also get discounts if we order from Custom Sport but I'm not sure how you go about getting that.

FYI - discounts are to members of the club.
jazzjulien

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:21 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you tried using normal inline skate wheels on a longboard to check whether they increase the longboard's roll

Not me, but I raced a 188miles race in Atlanta last year and was doing it with a guy with inline wheels. He was very happy about them.

Quote:
No offence dude, but you're asking for G13s? LOL. No one's going to give up wheels of that quality

Of course, I never said for Free (even if I'd take the offer). Otherwise I'm going to order the in the US, they're around 25$/wheel so about 65 GBP so I'm open to offers!

Quote:
Also, I've heard the aintree course is going to be rough - do you know whether inline wheels will be more or less comfortable on this surface?

Unfortunately, I live in London so I won't be able to test the surface. I'll do a few laps before and if I don't like it, I'll use my regular 85mm skate wheels.
jazzjulien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:23 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

Thanks for all your comments. I went for matter wheels in 110mm F1. Let's see if it works out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Commercial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: