LondonSkaters Speed Team - Speed Skating & Rollerblading Club in London

LondonSkaters Speed Team
Sponsor - One Body Clinic
   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted Size 9 Rec skates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Commercial
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Glenn
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:49 pm    Subject: Wanted Size 9 Rec skates Reply with quote

Hi, my builders son has outgrown his Roces (size Cool and is looking for a new pair of rec skates, size 9.

He is really keen and I hope one day he will join the club.

If anyone has a reasonabe second hand pair of size 9 skates they are willing to sell/offload could you kindly let me know.

Glenn
Barrie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:44 am    Subject: Reply with quote

I'll check what size my Fila M90 "speedness" skates are... they might  be a 9.5 or 10 though...  ( I'm under pressure to have at least n-1 pairs of skates... and my FSKs and Bauer Quads are staying put! ).

The ankle support is quite subtle, so they did make quite a good transition skate for me moving to speed skates.

The 4x100 frame that came with them has a high deck height ( to accommodate a heel-brake bracket... not sure if that's around still or not... ).  Originally they came/come with 90mm wheels, but, despite the deck height, skated much better with 100mm.

I was chasing up for an F100 frame to go on them, but got my speed skates instead anyway, that said, I'm not sure if they're 165 or 195 mounting... looking at that pic and knowing that they take 4x100 I'm thinking 195...

http://www.baysideblades.com.au/inline_skates_dt/inline_skates/fila/Fila_m90.htm
Jon
LSST Secretary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:51 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Andi and I have a pair of UK size 9 Seba FR1 skates that you can have.

The model is several generations old, but as far as I know they are still serviceable (spare parts for FR1 skates, if required, shouldn't be hard to get hold of).

Skates come as they are, which in this case means with wheels, bearings, spacers etc. and a powerslide heel brake. Andi and I haven't skated on them for years (they were the second pair I ever had), so please check them over carefully before use.
Barrie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:10 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, mine are actually size9.
They might make a brief re-appearance to test new frames as/if/when I get them...
Glenn
LSST Committee Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:52 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Hey John/Barrie,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the very late reply, have been away and have not been checking the forum.

Yes, would be good to check out; perhaps at the next training session you're at?

G
Barrie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:23 am    Subject: Reply with quote

I should've brought them up yesterday... will try to remember next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LondonSkaters Speed Team Forum Index -> Commercial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: